Dengue Free India
Dengue is a mosquito-borne viral infection. The virus is responsible for causing dengue, is called the dengue virus (DENV). While many DENV infections produce only mild illness, DENV can cause acute flu-like illness. Occasionally this develops into a potentially lethal complication, called severe dengue. It is a leading cause of serious illness and it requires attention and medication by medical professionals.
- There is no specific treatment for dengue/severe dengue. Early detection of disease progression associated with severe dengue, and access to proper medical care lowers fatality rates of severe dengue to below 1%
- The global incidence of dengue has grown dramatically in recent decades. About half of the world’s population is now at risk. There are an estimated 100-400 million infections each year.
- Dengue prevention and control depends on effective vector control measures. Sustained community involvement can improve vector control efforts substantially.
What We Do
Prevention of mosquito breeding and mosquito bites can go a long way in preventing/restricting this disease. White Tulips is an endeavor to provide and preventive healthcare to the entire community and curative healthcare specifically to the underprivileged children. Creating awareness about dengue is easy and helpful. Beyond that, it takes just Rs. 300 to provide DENGUE PREVENTION KIT to an underprivileged child. The kit consists of two things.
- Mosquito-borne diseases prevention workshop by a local NGO
- Mosquito repellents to tide over the monsoon period
The aim of the task is to spread dengue prevention awareness, surveillance, diagnostic testing, and health camps and help sponsor DENGUE PROTECTION KITS for under-privileged children.