Tulips “AAH” Oral Health Project
Oral health is the index of one’s general health status
- Oral diseases affect 3.9 billion people worldwide, often neglected until late
- Globally, between 60–90% of schoolchildren and nearly 80% adults have tooth decay or dental problems
- Oral diseases and hygiene are important determinants of NCDs such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, respiratory disease, and gastrointestinal carcinomas and of communicable diseases.
- it’s never too late for comprehensive oral check-up, best being school oral health screening and follow up.
- Poor oral health can have a negative impact on general health conditions as they share same social determinants.
- Prevention, early detection by screening and treatment are key to ensure the best outcome and reduce oral disease and associated general health diseases.
What we do?
- School children dental screening
- Dental hygiene awareness campaigns
- Awareness, screening, promoting and oral diseases control at community level
- Partnerships with dental organisations for workshops
- Training of health care workers
- Every school child appreciates the importance of a healthy mouth.
- To encourage the following of dental health practices including personal care, professional care, proper diet.
- To make every child appreciates the relationship of dental health general health appearance
Targets achieved so far
- Schools screened 24
- Benefited Children 789